Effective Date: July 11, 2019
We at News Corporation (herein, “News Corp” or the “Company”) respect your concerns about privacy. ?This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to personal information obtained by the Company of visitors to the www.www.46zhudong.com site (the “Site”). ?When you visit the Site, you are visiting News Corp’s corporate website. ?Affiliates of News Corp operate a large number of websites, mobile applications and other services associated with News Corp’s various businesses, brands and products. ?Each of these properties and services you may choose to visit has privacy notices that differ from this Notice due to the nature of those properties and services. This Notice does not apply to the websites, mobile applications and other services operated by News Corp affiliates. ?A list of News Corp affiliates is here. ?By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice.
The Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain about visitors, how we use the information and with whom we share it. ?We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. ?The Site is for a general audience, is not targeted to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- Accessing, Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
- Notice to California Residents
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Transfers of Information
- Links to Affiliate and Third-Party Sites, Apps and Services
- Updates to Our Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
We obtain information through this Site from you directly and by automated means, and may also obtain personal information from publicly and commercially available sources and from our Company affiliates and/or business partners (such as social media networks). ?The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone and/or mobile numbers);
- Username and password when you register on the Site;
- Geolocation data;
- Other information you may provide to us, such as through our “Submit a Request” or “Contact Us” feature (such as gender and zip code); and
- If you are a News Corp investor, information you may submit for stockholder benefits, such as through the “Electronic Delivery Enrollment” feature (such as social security number or tax ID number).
A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. ?A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. ?As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored.
We may link certain data elements obtained through automated means, such as your browser or device information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, what search queries you may have run. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. ?You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Panel and Global Storage Settings Panel. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on the Site, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. ?This information is collected directly by the providers of those features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers. The Company is not responsible for those providers’ information practices. ?
We may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Create and manage online accounts;
- Send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications, including communications through the Site and outside of the Site, such as via email and through third-party websites and apps;
- Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies;
- De-identify personal information to provide our affiliates and third parties with aggregated data reports showing de-identified information and other non-personal information;
- Supplement your personal information collected from you with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from Company affiliates and our business partners (a link to a list of News Corp affiliates can be found above and under the Information We Share section of this Notice);
- Associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for the purpose of providing relevant and easier access to content and other operational purposes;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving the Site; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may use third-party analytics services on the Site, such as those of Google Analytics. ?The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of the Site. ?The information collected through these means may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Site. ?To learn more about how to opt out of Google Analytics services, please visit the link below:
- Google Analytics: ?https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We also may use your personal information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. ?
We may share your personal information with
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates, any of whom may use your personal information consistent with this Privacy Notice or for the subsidiary’s or affiliate’s own purposes, including marketing purposes. ?A current list of our affiliated companies is available at http://www.46zhudong.com/about/our-businesses/.
- Service providers in the US and other jurisdictions who perform services on our behalf.
In addition, when the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may share it with third parties.
We may further disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. ?We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event of a proposed or completed sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
We provide you with an opportunity to access, review, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. ?You may request access, updates to and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. Subject to applicable law, you may have additional rights with respect to your personal information, which you may exercise by contacting us as set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his/her personal information records.
Subject to certain limitations, California residents may ask us to provide them with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (2) the identity of those third parties. ?To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we have about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
For your convenience and information, the Site may provide links to News Corp affiliates’ sites, including their careers sites, apps and services, as well as those of third parties that may be operated by companies not affiliated with News Corp. Our affiliates have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. ?Third-party sites may carry advertisements or offer content, functionality, newsletters or applications developed and maintained by those unaffiliated third-party companies. ?We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-News Corp sites, apps or services.
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. Changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when the revised Notice is posted on www.46zhudong.com. The Effective Date of the Privacy Notice can be found at the beginning of the Notice. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site indicating at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, would like to exercise your choices, or would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as follows:
You also may write to:
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036